What is a GERUND?
A gerund is a verb fuctioning as a noun that usually ends in "ing".
A gerund can act as the following:
1. subject- the main part of a sentence
2. direct object- the object of the sentence
3. predicate nominative- a noun or pronoun which follows the verb and describes
or renames the subject and follows a linking verb
4. indirect object- the object that the subject is giving to
5. object of a preposition- a preposition followed by a phrase of words
6. appositive- a group of words separted by commas modifying a noun